Thursday, March 13, 2008

Fundraising Update March 2008

My fundraising has had some major boost over the past few weeks following an article in my Unions monthly journal which I highlighted in an email blitz to my friends and contacts. I have now reached the £12,000 mark - only £8,000 to go!


My good friend and colleague Severino Filho from the Brazilian merchant navy officers union (SINDMAR) pledged a significant sum.

Cleo Doumbia-Henry who is Director of International Labour Standards at the International Labour Organisation has pledged personal support. Jacques Bille (formerly of ACOMARIT in Geneva) with whom I worked with on the Global Mariner campaign back in 1998 and Susanne Meyer from Columbia Ship Management have also pledged support.

Andrew Cassells from BP Shipping has also made a pledge in a personal capacity.

And my Aunty Pat has made another pledge as too have my Mum, Dad and siblings (I am the eldest of 5!).

My thanks go to you all!

No comments: