Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Fundraising Curry Night at Mariners Park



On Friday 27 June 2008 I am hosting a charity fundraising event at Mariners Park in aid of my Enduro Africa charity motorcycle ride in South Africa in October 2008. The money raised will go towards my target of raising £20,000 for charitable causes including NUMAST Welfare Funds. You are all cordially invited to attend (see below for details of how to get tickets) or if would like to donate any prizes for the raffle or auction then please let me know.

The evening will consist of a curry buffet and entertainment plus a raffle, auction and other fundraising (and fun) activities. Tickets will cost £12.50, which includes a donation to the charities, and are available on a first come first served basis from Jackie Wylde in the Wallasey Office (Jwylde@nautilusuk.org). The evening will start at 1930 hours and end at 2300 hours. The drinks will be on a BYO basis but I am also hoping to pick up a few cases of cheap plonk on a planned trip to France in early June so I might also be able to donate a couple of bottles for each table.

Nautilus UK members who live within a 25 mile radius of Nautilus House have also been invited to attend and with assistance from the Industrial Teams I am hoping that there will also be a good turnout from local shipping companies. I am therefore hoping that the evening will also offer an opportunity for company representatives to visit Mariners Park and see what an excellent job the Union does for needy seafarers and their dependents.

No comments: